Friday, January 21, 2011

3 Months in, 9 months out.

Well I am approaching 3 months spent in China! I can't really believe I have been here that long. But at the same time, it feels like I have been here longer. Time is funny like that I suppose. In the moment, in the rush, it flows past you without you really noticing, and pages fly off the calendar at break neck speed. But if you stop and reflect and remember over your time, it seems ages long and wide and heavy have been crammed into spaces too small for them: days feel like weeks, weeks feel like months, and months feel like years on the scales of remembered experience.

Now that I have finished my series of blogs on my first week in China, I will be catching up all up on some of what has been happening over the past couple months. And naturally, my musings both spiritual and otherwise on life in China so far.

Check back soon!

~J.L. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment